Program Specialist DPI
007547, 007564Functional Title:
Program Specialist DPIPosition Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The SERVE Center is a university-based research, development, dissemination, evaluation, and technical assistance center. Through customized research and evaluation services, SERVE delivers actionable insights for both policymakers and practitioners. From large-scale experimental studies to small-scale qualitative work on topics ranging from early childhood to high school reform, SERVE builds the capacity of educators and policymakers to improve educational outcomes for students of all ages.Position Summary:
This position has 2 openings
The primary purpose of the position is to research methods of instruction, develop resources and train sub-grantees on sub-grantee programs based on risk management assessments performed by the program specialist and administer assistance in meeting grant guidelines. The position will work as a member of the Data Quality and Fiscal Monitoring Team within the Federal Program Monitoring and Support Division to coordinate support for schools within the statewide system of support.Minimum Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in educational field, with three (3) or more years progressively responsible educational experience – to include school and/or district level leadership positions.
- General knowledge of implementing federally-funded programs to support K-12 education, including SEAs, LEAs, and schools.
- Experience with supporting low-performing, high-poverty, and/ or rural school initiatives and efforts.
- Experience in researching, writing, and editing publications.
- Experience in meeting planning and facilitation.
- Experience in developing materials and products for training and professional development offerings, and for broad dissemination.
- Experience in the use of technology to support communication (e.g., websites, listservs) and virtual professional learning (e.g., webinars, online communities).
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and other applications for developing and preparing materials for meetings, professional learning events, and for online and print publication.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team of colleagues.
- Sensitivity in working with diverse groups.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Commensurate with ExperienceOrg #-Department:
SERVE - 12004Job Open Date:
09/15/2020Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Federal Programs OversightEssential Tasks:
Develop and conduct protocols to assess federal programs to ensure local education agency (LEA/Charter school) compliance and program quality. Interview sub-grantees to research potential compliance problems, review and analyze evidence as well as document findings. Research, identify and define potential fiscal issues. Based on research findings develop written reports and presentations to be presented to sub-grantees and management insuring compliance with USED guidelines.Percentage Of Time:
Technical AssistanceEssential Tasks:
Evaluate and provide technical assistance and training for sub-recipients on grants management including financial management systems ensuring they provide effective control over and accountability for grant funds, property, and other assets, and ensure the funds are used solely for authorized purposes.Percentage Of Time:
Grants oversightEssential Tasks:
Provide grant oversight through management and data analysis within the statewide system of support to achieve overall effectiveness of education programs in accordance with federal and state requirements.Percentage Of Time:
Direct the work of additional permanent and contract staff necessary for comprehensive fiscal monitoring and data analysis statewide.
Other duties as assigned.Physical Effort:
Writing, Hearing, Talking, Lifting-0-30 lbs.