University of California Irvine
Updated: Sep 30, 2020
Location: UC Irvine Campus
Department: OIT CLIENT SERVICES
Job Opening ID: 9747
Reports To: Manager, Communications and Training
Working Title: Communications Specialist
Department: OIT Client Services
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 007309
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Contract
This is a one year contract appointment position with the possibility of additional year contract appointment extensions. Per the University of California (UC) recruitment policy, because this position has undergone competitive recruitment, this position can be converted to career status any time after hire, as conversion meets criteria set by UC recruitment policy and the needs of the Office of Information Technology department.
The Communications and Training team within the Office of Information Technology is responsible for communicating to campus clients about technology tools, services and changes through marketing, outreach, events and digital communications. As a part of Client Services, the team ensures that the campus community is informed of Information Technology news, status, and updates. The team also manages a webhosting platform for the campus and provides some design and development services.
Under general supervision of the Manager, Communications and Training, the Communications Specialist plans, develops and implements internal and campus communications and messaging, including social media, newsletters, targeted emails, change communications, marketing collateral and website content consistent with OIT strategies and goals in order to inform clients, drive service excellence, and generate value outcomes.
Commensurate with experience.
- At least one year of experience managing and strategizing social media for an organization or unit.
- At least 2 years of experience executing digital communications, marketing, or written communications.
- Background in higher education or technology preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Solid knowledge of marketing, communications and social media principles, concepts, strategies and best practices.
- Proficiency on the most common social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Maintains detailed knowledge of the OIT's policies, projects, and strategies.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, logical reasoning, problem solving, and organization skills.
- Motivated, hardworking and self-starter with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize critical tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exhibits OIT's cultural values of Collaboration, Respect, Trust, Transparency, Quality, Inclusiveness, Customer Centricity, and Learning and Growth.
- Excellent photography and image editing skills, graphic design experience and basic HTML, video editing skills.
- Knowledge of the campus and department including its mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of customer service standards/procedures.
- Organizational skills and skills in file creation, maintenance and management.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume.
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.
To apply, visit https://careersucirvine.ttcportals.com/jobs/5454882-communications-specialist
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency