Senior Program Manager, Apprenticeships
**Please note that this position is located in Washington, DC however the American Council on Education is currently in a remote status and the interview process will be conducted remotely. Our status is subject to change based on guidance surrounding COVID-19**
This is a 1-year grant-funded position with potential extension to a second year pending funding.
Learning Evaluation is a national leader in recognizing and validating learning and competencies in order to connect post-traditional students, training providers and universities. With support from the Charles Koch Foundation, ACE LE is building new processes and networks to translate high-quality apprenticeships into pathways to college degrees and good jobs. The Senior Program Manager, Apprenticeships will be key to successful execution of the apprenticeship pathways grant. Under the direction of the Associate Director, the SPM will plan events and convenings, communicate with participants, conduct evaluation of apprenticeship programs, and create resources and communications. Proven project management skills and familiarity with apprenticeships and credit for prior learning preferred.
- Serves as lead for apprenticeship evaluation activities, including competencies and credit equivalencies.
- Prepares logistics, including convenings, meetings, and workshops.
- Facilitates technical assistance to schools and employers in the mapping, articulation, and application of apprenticeship learning to degrees and jobs.
- Assists with the creation of resources and online tools for schools and employers
- Assists in monitoring communication and deliverables to participants and stakeholders
- Meets departmental goals and objectives as outlined in the grant.
- Works collaboratively with all staff from the Learning and Engagement Division
- Recruits and manages qualified subject matter experts.
- Works closely with Learning Evaluation staff to develop and train faculty on competency evaluation processes.
Data and Review Integrity
- Ensures the accuracy of all materials submitted in coordination with the grant; including official grant report materials.
- Gathers data on project outcomes and produces reports.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent and 5+ years of experience.
- Use of learning management systems, SharePoint, and other collaborative technology strongly preferred.
- Experience working with apprenticeships, competency-based education, or credit for prior learning preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Office environment; open floor plan; remote / telecommuting; some travel may be required
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, genetic information, credit information or protected veteran status.