Postdoctoral Associate High-throughput Functional and Metagenomic Screening, Galagan Lab in Biomedical Engineering Tracking Code306159-509Job Description
The Galagan Lab in Biomedical Engineering at Boston University is an interdisciplinary lab at the interface of genomics, molecular biology, computational biology, electrical engineering, and technology development. We develop computational and high-throughput experimental methods to study the systems biology of microbial organisms and translate the resulting knowledge into biomedical applications including biosensors and wearables.
We have developed a platform to identify and isolate microbial sensing proteins for virtually any target analyte, that we then develop into electronic sensors. We are seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to work within our expanding High-throughput Functional and Metagenomic screening efforts.
We are looking for:
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Minimum 4 years experience with molecular biology, recombinant DNA and cloning.
- Experience with flow cytometry and Illumina sequencing.
- Experience with laboratory automation desired.
- Experience with microbial culturing.
- Desire to work in highly collaborative interdisciplinary environment.
- A demonstrated track record of productivity, creativity, and initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCES WEBSITES. Please send an email to Prof James Galagan, [email protected] and include the following: (a) a cover letter, (b) a current C.V., and (c) sample publications. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal on a yearly basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular