Clinical Research Nurse
Job no: 514539
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Health Profession
Department:30010101 - JX-DEAN-ADMINSTRATION-GENERAL
Clinical Research NurseJob Description:
The Clinical Research Nurse (CRN) is a specialized research professional working with and under the direction of the clinical Principal Investigator (Pl). While the Principal Investigator is primarily responsible for the overall design, conduct, and management of the clinical trial, the CRN supports, facilitates, and coordinates the daily clinical trial activities and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study. By performing these duties, the CRN works with the Pl, department, sponsor, and institution to support and provide guidance on the administration of the compliance, financial, personnel and other related aspects of the clinical study.
CRN will conduct examinations administer treatment and/or medication in accordance with research protocol and evaluate outcomes of patient participation in research studies. The primary area of research studies is related to COVID-19, evolving into other priority areas and specialized undertakings.
The Office of Research Affairs (ORA) Clinical Research Nurse reports primarily to the Principal Investigator with associated responsibilities to the Clinical Trials office, Office of Research Affairs (ORA).
•Provide direction and guidance by assisting coordinators and/or investigators by planning and conducting nursing protocol of medical team research; write consent forms, maintain files in compliance with Food and Drug Administration' regulations. Submit appropriate documentation and forms to the Institutional Review Board.
• Determine eligibility of potential study participants; obtain informed consent; enroll patients in research protocol; coordinate all aspects of the patient's care.
• Conduct physical assessments; take medical histories.
• Explain research protocol to participants; respond to patient inquiries regarding protocol; schedule patient participation; ensure compliance with research protocol; inform referring physicians of protocol requirements.
• Perform specialized tasks such as arterial puncture, venipuncture, and operation of electronic monitoring equipment; assist with surgical or invasive procedures and process laboratory specimens as required. Perform all study lab processing including centrifuging, aliquoting, storage, freezer maintenance and shipping as assigned.
• Administer treatment and/or medication in accordance with research protocol. Dispense medication, if required.
• Assess patient reaction to medications and/or treatments as part of a research protocol; identify potential adverse reactions and report in a timely manner, according to federal guidelines.
• Obtain and record research data in conjunction with physician and other professionals on the research team; interview subjects; review medical records; assist in planning nursing aspects of medical team research; write data collection tools.
• Coordinate and evaluate the collection of research data; coordinate data management system for research data; create data collection tools. Maintain all case report forms.
• Conduct literature review assist in the preparation of data for use in manuscripts for professional publication.
• Assist in developing budgets.
• Educate hospital and clinic staff in implementation of research protocol.
Advertised Salary:$55,000 to $75,000 annually depending on education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
May direct the work of support staff such as laboratory technicians, research assistants or clerical support personnel.
Perform phone screening and documentation, and clerical duties.
May make reminder calls and send reminder letters to study participants.
Graduate of a nationally accredited nursing program and four years of professional nursing experience. Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.Preferred Qualifications:Experience in clinical research is highly preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Coordinates multiple tasks and work independently and productively in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Integrity, careful attention to detail; ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects' rights and individual needs; willing to learn and maintain skills in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
Proficiency in data management and superior organizational skills.Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 28 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 12 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time