Computing Services Technical Support Staff
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-07
The Department of Engineering and Systems and Environment is seeking an IT support staff to assist with day to day IT requests. As the home to UVA's recognized undergraduate and graduate degree programs in civil and systems engineering, we are a leader in the study of human and socio-technical systems. Our faculty and students create innovations that will help address society’s most wicked problems, which are often emergent, large scale, and complex in areas ranging from public health to smart cities to environmental resilience. In a rapidly changing world, we believe that a better future is possible for all by training the leaders of tomorrow in a collaborative academic environment that encourages excellence in the classroom and laboratory. The candidate will serve in various capacities:
- Helpdesk Support
- Web Developer
- A/V Technician
- Technical Writer
- System Engineer
- Quality Assurance Analyst
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or related discipline. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least one year of experience.
- Demonstrated level of professional customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of tech support and management
- Intermediate/Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook; ability to train on and learn new computerized systems
- Keen attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate and work alongside faculty, staff, students, vendors, and outside guests of the University in an effective and professional manner.
- Capacity to handle multiple assignments with critical deadlines and changing priorities
- Experience in research computing, lab management
- One year or more work experience in a technical capacity; preferably in an academic environment
- Website design and maintenance
- Vendor relations experience
This position will remain open till filled. This is an Non-Exempt level, benefited position. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration, please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for R0018656. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for R0018656. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.