Manager of Marketing & Patron Services
Manager of Marketing & Patron Services
Job no: 493561
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Role: Manager of Marketing & Patron Services
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:Hours vary and may include day, evening and weekend responsibilities. Courses are taught in a classroom setting and may also include a lab component. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
Rate of Pay:$56,925
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate difficulty leading the marketing and communications activities of the ECC Arts Center and supervising, evaluating and overseeing the box office staff and event volunteers. Work is distinguished by the ability to effectively advance the College’s academic goals for performing arts instructional programs, community arts instructional programs and the visiting professional artist series. Direction is received from the assigned manager.
***Cover Letter: please include in detail your current and/or previous marketing experience and social media experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's degree (MA) with 3 years box office/ticketing system supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable skill in supervising direct/indirect reports and a sizable corps of volunteers.
- Considerable organizational skills necessary for managing a wide array of competing priorities and deadlines and for effective organization/distribution of critical information.
- Considerable skill in written and verbal communications, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Considerable skill in operating a personal computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment, as well as, learning and adapting to new and/or updated programs and technology.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Lead the marketing and communications activities of the ECC Arts Center. Design and develop the communications approach from inception to finished product. Plan, create, develop and distribute tactical marketing materials to promote performing arts instructional programs, visiting professional artist series and the Arts Center’s public image.
- Research new promotional opportunities ECC Arts Center events and productions. Within the established constraints of College standards, advance the Arts Center website both visually and functionally for improved customer experience and satisfaction.
- Supervise box office manager and box office staff. Prioritize and monitor work, clarify and/or modify procedures, resolve customer issues, etc. Monitor Front-of-House functions and provide direction for staff and volunteers for events and customer service standards.
- Implement changes within Box Office to enhance the active sales. Provide Box Office management with clear direction and expectations to further Box Office sales.
- Analyze Box Office, marketing, financial and project data. Determine necessary reports to be extracted from ticketing database, College financial systems and/or other resources and make changes, recommendations and other decisions resulting from data.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to applicable privacy laws
- Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse populations within the workplace.
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an increased volume of work.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality
- Available to respond to internal and external customers, either in person or over the phone, during scheduled business hours
- Demonstrates independent judgement and discretion in making position related decisions.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 09/28/2020. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association(SSECCA) members that apply 10/05/2020 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: September 28, 2020 Central Daylight Time