Tenure Track Assistant Professor, Management
Position DetailsPosition TypeFaculty, Tenure TrackClassification TitleTenure Track FacultyPosition's Functional TitleTenure Track Assistant Professor, ManagementPosition Start Date08/17/2021Position End Date (if temporary)Position Summary
Governors State University’s AACSB accredited College of Business seeks applications for a Assistant Professor of Management in August 2021.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/graduate courses primarily in Human Resource Management. We seek candidates with outstanding teaching skills, working with non-traditional or diverse student populations, evidence of a potential or distinguished record of scholarship as well as community service via projects, committees and/or leadership roles.
Governors State University (GSU) was founded in 1969, originally as an upper-division institution with a primary focus of serving community college graduates pursuing baccalaureate degrees. During the five intervening decades, GSU has grown to become the only regional, public, comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving approximately 6,000 students annually in 85 different bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. GSU features a highly diverse faculty and staff of roughly 1,000 employees that reflect the students and community we serve. GSU provides accessible, high value undergraduate and graduate education to culturally and economically diverse students from across the region and around the world. From its mission statement, Governors State University is committed to offering an exceptional and accessible education that prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a global society.
GSU seeks to become a national leader in successful transfer of community college students to universities, and is leading through the Kresge-supported Dual Degree Program, with features such as tuition lock-in at GSU for academically eligible community college students who commit to earn an Associate Degree and attend college full-time. GSU offers five doctoral degrees in clinical/practice areas of health, counseling, and education.
The exceptionally beautiful campus is conveniently located within easy reach by road and rail to Chicago and surrounding communities that have a wealth of cultural and natural attractions.
The College of Business at Governors State University is AACSB accredited.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and your vita (including contact details for 3 references)
1. Ph.D. ABD in the final stages of completion will be considered.
2. Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Human Resource Management
3. Documented record of an ability to make intellectual contributions in the Human Resource Management discipline, through scholarly publications/presentations consistent with the maintenance of SA (“Scholarly Academic”) faculty status under AACSB accreditation standards.
1. Professional and/or managerial experience is highly desirable.
2. Teaching and/or professional experience in multiple areas of the Human Resource Management discipline inclusive of Total Rewards and Compensation Administration
3. Interest in and ability to develop and teach online (web-based) courses.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching expertise.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Will you have a Ph.D. in hand by the date of appointment or an advanced ABD by the date of the appointment?
- * Based on your experience which Human Resource Management courses are you most comfortable teaching
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation