Medical Assistant - Covid-19 Clinic
Medical Assistant - Covid-19 Clinic
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5473
Regular/Temporary: Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Temporary, part-time (0.5) FTE position. The position begins in August 2020 and is anticipated to last through June 1, 2021.
Position Summary: The medical assistant is responsible for working in the COVID-19 respiratory clinic with other clinical staff. The medical assistant is responsible for supporting the medical staff by preparing patients and exam rooms for appointments, preparing lab specimens, performing in-clinic lab tests, phlebotomy, and sanitation between patient visits. Must be able to work 2 ½ days per week.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients and exam rooms for appointments
- Perform in clinic lab tests and enter the results in the computer
- Draw blood and process labs to be sent out
- Monitor lab results and data enter the results into the chart, notify provider of results
- Sanitize rooms between each patient visit
- Wear appropriate PPE and monitor appropriate donning/doffing of PPE by providers
- Assist with contact tracing efforts on campus
- Deep clean clinic at the end of every shift
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Coverage for reception staff when needed
- Help coordinate referrals
- Manage ordering of COVID testing supplies
- Maintain inventory of PPE
- Other duties as needed
- Must possess current Washington State Medical Assistant License in good standing.
- Be proficient in CLIA waived testing.
- Knowledge of the anatomy of the body.
- Trained to take vital signs.
- Skilled at venipuncture.
- Computer skills.
- Medical terminology and medical screening.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Compensation and Benefits: $16.05 - $20.45 per hour. Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible.
- Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
Position Contingency: Due to significant uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 health crisis and its potential impact on institutions of higher education, this position is contingent upon the university having sufficient enrollment, continuing operating needs, and/or funding to support the work associated with this position.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency