Work where you matter. Vancouver Island University is a comprehensive teaching university that proudly fosters student success, strong community connections and access to education for all. VIU offers a wide range of programs, from academic undergraduate and master’s to industry-responsive trades and vocational training. To be a part of the VIU community is to know what it is like to matter here.
Applications are being accepted for the role of Psychology Professor.
The Faculty invites applications from accomplished university educators seeking to join a collegial department where teaching innovation and student success are highly valued. We seek an applicant who shares our passion for high quality undergraduate education and can skillfully infuse their teaching with their scholarly work. The successful candidate will mentor students in research and scholarly activity. We seek to hire an individual whose specialization is life-span development.
The teaching responsibilities of the successful candidate will include courses in life-span development, additional courses in areas of expertise, as well as introductory psychology. The workload is to teach four 3-credit courses per year. Courses may need to be delivered in an online format. The successful candidate must contribute to the governance, events, and service activity of the department.
Course descriptions and more information about the Psychology Department can be found online.
- A PhD or equivalent in psychology from an APA or CPA accredited institution.
- Recent experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching courses in lifespan development.
- An established research program that complements the interests and expertise of current faculty.
- A record of institutional service.
- Active ongoing participation in professional development activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology relevant to the position.
- Willingness and proficiency to teach on-line courses; Ability to provide alternative delivery instruction
The VIU community acknowledges the traditional, unceded territories of the Snuneymuxw, Quw’utsun, Tla’Amin, Snaw-naw-as and Qualicum First Nation on whose lands we teach, learn, research, live and share knowledge. We raise our hands and say Hay ch qa’ sii’em sieye’ yu mukw Mustimuxw to the original stewards of these territories.
View the full job description and apply online by the posting close date of 25-Nov-2020.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. VIU embraces the principle of employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people of Aboriginal descent.