Sr Consultant, Cost Accounting
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-25
Works independently and proactively seeks guidance as required. Owns and maintains current all elements of the cost accounting methodology for the institution. Runs monthly costing process. Responsible for comprehensive reconciliation and generation of service line reports and dashboards. Plans and leads high visibility projects and manages multiple commitments simultaneously. Sets and manages expectations through effective communication. Cultivates internal partnerships at all levels; serves primarily in a “partner-facing” capacity.
- Plans, organizes and leads project-based work
- Clearly communicates complex topics to all levels of personnel within the Health System
- Develops, documents and maintains a cost accounting methodology
- Develops, documents and maintains resource based labor factors
- Integrates job code level data in cost accounting methodology
- Integrates labor data into the cost accounting process
- Develops new charge structures based upon time and skill mix
- Partners with planning and analysis professionals to lend expertise to the planning and execution of service line–level work
- Partners with medical center leadership to develop strategies and tactics for financial performance improvement.
- Assists in the skills and competency development of junior decision support team members.
- Willingly adapts to organizational change and models commitment to professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develops and delivers professional presentations to all levels of leadership and organization governance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors required.
Experience: 7 years relevant experience; cost accounting using StrataJazz in a complex health system environment; experienced in integrated medical center and physician group cost accounting
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.