IT Support Manager IV, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
The College has four academic departments alongwith six administrative departments and is distributed across seven locationincluding a presence in the Phoenix Biomedical Campus. There are multiplecenters within the college that provide targeted public health services basedon their funding sources and scope of work. The Office of InformationTechnology provides a full suite of IT services to its constituents in coordinationand collaboration with other IT units and UITS.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for themanagement and administration of:
- The Office of Information Technology and its staff.
- The IT support of the College's faculty, staff and students.
- The College’s computer systems, servers, and networks.
- The College's web strategy and presence.
- Application development and support.
- Data analytics.
- Security of the College's IT systems and infrastructure.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Information technology, including strategic planning and IT alignment, academic technologies utilization, project planning, budgeting and management, and process re-design;
- UA Institutional systems including Financials, Student, HR and Analytics
- Current and emerging technologies and how other units and institutions are employing them to drive innovation and applying them for the College's success;
- Project and portfolio management
- Teaching and learning with technology including D2L, Zoom, Panopto and other academic technologies;
Current trends in application development including mobile and web apps;
- Drupal content management system
- IT data & network security, risk management, security planning, disaster recovery and business continuity planning processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain information technology concepts and implementations to people of varying skills and backgrounds;
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, project management, and planning and execution skills;
Effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Develop and communicate a vision for information technology that aligns to the College’s strategic plan;
- Work with leaders within the College and across campus to collaborate on IT projects, increase operational efficiency, build research capacity and increase student success and retention;
- Demonstrate the value of IT to leadership;
- Stay abreast of information technology trends and best practices;
- Identify and leverage resources internal and external to the College to enhance services;
- Manage and develop staff;
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Generally requires a Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years of related work experience, including 5 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience leading a team, project, program, or function is required.
Experience: Seven or more years of increasingly responsible experience in information technology services, including five years of administrative and/or supervisory responsibility.FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40+ Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryInformation TechnologyBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of PayDOECompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade12 Career Stream and LevelM4Job FamilyIT Support Job FunctionInformation Technology Type of criminal background check required:Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date11/1/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesIman Hakim, [email protected] Open Date9/25/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.