Director of Marketing, Social Media and College Communications
Department:: Communications and Public Relations
Locations:: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted:: Sep 25, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
The Director of Marketing, Social Media, and College Communications is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with students through the latest digital technologies and social media trends. Reporting to the President of the College, this position combines marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance the social media presence; regional, statewide and national awareness and reputation; and the digital and print communications of Dutchess Community College. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing the college's overall marketing strategy, including a comprehensive social media marketing plan, and for communicating the college's brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract today's hyper-connected students.
- Coordinate the public relations, institutional communication and marketing functions of the College, including activities and projects associated with the President's Office, the Board of Trustees, the College Foundation, the State University of New York, the State of New York, Dutchess County, institutional partners, College stakeholders, and external audiences
- Serve as official College spokesperson, as designated by the President, and as liaison to the media and the College community, including oversight of crisis communication. Maintain 24/7 availability by telephone or email should emergency or other matters with potential media implications occur
- Write engaging content for various digital and print platforms and supervise the design, coordination, printing and distribution of College publications, including the annual President's Report, catalog, noncredit brochure, Viewbook, brochures, fliers, postcards, appropriate student and residence hall materials and other matter
- Create and distribute media releases and announcements about College programs, events, activities, honors, accomplishments, and graduation, including assisting with the College Foundation
- Map out a comprehensive marketing plan for the College that is driven by market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data to inform planning, strategy and goal setting and includes analysis of key metrics to adjust strategies as needed.
- Provide strategic leadership for the design, creation and management of promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with the College's overall marketing campaign plan and channels
- Expand college social media presence into new social media platforms, and increase presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Design and implement social media strategies to identify and recruit traditional and non-traditional students and to develop the College's brand awareness and online reputation
- Create, curate, and manage relevant, original, high-quality published content for all channels and ads (images, video, written and audio/podcast)
- Obtain market share by developing social media marketing plans for academic programs and workforce development initiatives
- Oversee social media accounts' design (ie: Social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.)
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing)
- Advocate for the college in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Create and manage an online review funnel for building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review timely and appropriately
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the college. Report notable threats to appropriate management
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and communications program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Direct the efforts of the marketing and communications staff
- Bachelor's or master's degree in marketing or a related field
- At least five years' experience working in marketing/public affairs or a related field
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Proven ability to effectively and creatively communicate information and ideas in text, image and video formats
- Excellent writing, editing and language skills with the ability to express the college's image creatively
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within higher education
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, and social media advertising campaigns. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of "Search and Social."
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Possesses functional CMS knowledge
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management)
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.