DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Foundation
For over 50 years, the University of Colorado Foundation has partnered with the University of Colorado to enhance philanthropic support for CU. Private support for the University, given through the philanthropic portal of the Foundation, enables the University to transform lives through education, research, clinical care and community engagement.
The Foundation focuses its efforts on donor stewardship through customer service and assurance in gift acceptance, processing and administration. During fiscal year 2019, the Foundation processed over 74,000 gifts and commitments. The Foundation invests and allocates gift funds in a manner consistent with the purposes established by donors, and distributes dollars from its managed funds to support a wide variety of programs and activities throughout the University system and on its four campuses.
The Staff Accountant provides general accounting support to the Finance and Accounting team and reports to the Controller.
- Provides accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations and systems of internal controls.
- Triages the on-line ticketing system. Runs monthly reports on trouble tickets and identifies common issues.
- Creates, modifies, and closes gift funds in the general ledger and donor database.
- Assists Senior Accountants with research of reconciliation differences and provides backup.
- Identifies areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes.
- Creates custom reports on demand to meet business needs of internal and external customers.
- Performs reconciliations as needed.
- Assists with auditor requests.
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
- Solid ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Solid ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and follow up to ensure completion/resolution.
- Personal computer proficiency required, especially as related to the software referenced under “software utilized” (see below). Computer skills may be subject to testing/verification.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting, business or data systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience required; CPA preferred.
- 2-3 years of accounting/finance experience.
- Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Outlook; accounting software, donor tracking software.
- Works in a normal office environment requiring light physical effort by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Works with standard office equipment (such as phone, fax and personal computer).
- Ability to navigate stairs frequently during a business day in various work locations.
- Sitting at desk for most of day and working with computer.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Sep 25, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing