Community Health Educator
Job no: 514725
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Health Profession, Other
Department:32060000 - PH-PHARMTHERAPY TRNSL RSCH
Health EducatorJob Description:
Providing oversight, developing, coordinating and implementing community outreach and education programs for the UF CaRE2 Center.
Conducting community outreach activities in Orange, Duval and Alachua Counties.
Providing administrative support for the UF CaRE2 Center Community Outreach Core, including the coordination of Core Meetings.
Tracking UF CaRE2 Center Community Outreach Core accomplishments and developing Core progress, annual and final reports.
Overall support of additional UF CaRE2 Center activities.Expected Salary:
$15.75-$16.76 per hourMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in minority health research and working with Black and Latino populations is required.
- Has reliable transportation to travel within Florida.
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp biomedical and research terminologies.
- Experience in disseminating information in scientific and public gatherings.
- Capability to train in all aspects required to effectively perform the duties associated with this position, including human subjects protection.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 25 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 02 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time