Data Management Analyst II
Job no: 514545
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Other, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:32060000 - PH-PHARMTHERAPY TRNSL RSCH
Data Management Analyst IIJob Description:
The Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research seeks a full-time Data Management Analyst II to lead and conduct data analyses and perform data management related to multiple research projects. Projects are biomedical in nature, focusing primarily on human cardiovascular disease and related research, and using observational and clinical trial data from a variety of sources (electronic health records, observational cohorts, randomized controlled trials, and other clinical data). Statistical software, including SAS and R, will be used. Participation in grant and contract proposal writing and funding searches may also be expected.
- Perform data cleaning, curation, and management of large healthcare and related databases; cohort creation; creation and/or porting of measurement algorithms; and, related tasks. This function requires the analyst to use SAS and/or R and related analytical software platforms at an expert level of proficiency for the management of data. Familiarity with large health and medical database structure and content is required.
- Conduct quantitative analyses independently and collaboratively. Responsibilities include analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data, including through data visualizations, in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports. Analyses are expected to include longitudinal analyses, complex modeling, e.g., multilevel, longitudinal and time-to-event analyses, and others. Collection, tracking, and reporting of research data may also be required.
- Participate in proposal writing, including searches for funding opportunities. Propose and document research designs, sample size analyses, and data analyses.
- Guide and train junior faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and/or graduate or professional students performing related work
- Maintain currency in statistical methods and related software to help produce health outcomes research of the highest quality.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in computer science, biostatistics, statistics, information systems, data science or related field and ≥2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with database design, reporting tools, and project management.
- SAS programming certification.
- Experience with general statistical and data visualization software (e.g., R, Tableau).
- Experience maintaining health or medical datasets (development, cleaning, management), especially from electronic health records (EHRs), medical insurance claims and other administrative data.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills; ability to maintain and organize relevant documentation
- Knowledge of statistical principles and basic principles of clinical and epidemiological research.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and independently, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a time-limited position.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 25 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 09 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time