Sterile Equipment Technician
Job no: 514726
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Other
Department:34010306 - DN-STERILIZATION
Sterile Equipment TechnicianJob Description:
The College of Dentistry (UFCD) is accepting applications for a Sterile Equipment Technician. Primary responsibilities for this position include disinfecting and sterilizing dental instruments, and replacing broken or missing instruments in order to best serve the dental students, faculty members, and departments.
Specific duties include:
- Dispensing clean instruments to dental students and departments, using computer program INFO-DOT.
- Collecting, tracking, and processing dirty instruments according to the sterilization protocol.
- Disinfecting and sterilizing dental instruments for all UFCD dental students and the UFCD dental clinics.
- Replace broken or missing instruments for UFCD dental students.
- Recording incoming and outgoing instruments from students and departments.
- Oiling and maintaining instruments.
- Labeling and scanning with the INFO-DOT program.
- Completing in-service training (updates, new sterilization techniques, and computer classes).
The work schedule is as follows:
- You will be assigned 7am-4pm Mon-Fri or 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri with a switch every six months
- Work some Saturday and Sundays for continuing education classes and Florida Dental Board Examinations (5 to 30 hours of overtime)
Within one year of hire, you will be required to obtain your dental infection control certificate. Training will be provided.Expected Salary:
$15.00 hourlyMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent.
CPR certification (within 30 days of hire)Preferred Qualifications:
- Dental assisting certificate.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- One year of dental or dental assisting experience, or one year of medical experience.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 25 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 09 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time