Maintenance ClerkTracking Code699-674 Job Description
The Maintenance Clerk is responsible for assisting the Director of Maintenance in facility maintenance by processing requests and associated paperwork as it relates to day to day trash and recycling needs, stock availability, parts and service orders, and shipping and receiving.
- Route maintenance contracts for review accordingly
- Schedule and coordinate trash and recycling dumpster drop-offs and pick-ups as needed.
- Create and monitor an inventory log to ensure stock availability
- Fill out purchase requisitions and route for approval as needed.
- Order parts online
- Pick up parts and materials locally and deliver or notify staff that parts are in, as needed.
- Contact vendors to resolve price and quantity discrepancies, returns, damage of goods, etc.
- Keep track of pricing with vendors to ensure that we are getting the best pricing.
- Receive and direct calls pertaining to rental properties.
- Create and maintain a vendor list
- Monthly reconciliation of university issued credit card.
- Purchase and/or renew vehicle plates, registration, and decals and set up vehicle emission testing.
- Perform vehicle service call outs
- Track shipping and receiving of items ordered
- Schedule and inform the Director of Maintenance of maintenance related inspections (i.e. fire, elevator, pest control, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Must be proficient, quick, and comfortable with computer navigation and operation.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Valid Driver’s License; Pass all University driving requirements
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions