Student Intern (Federal Work Study)
In order to apply for this position, a student must have applied for Federal Work Study and received an authorization notification from the Financial Aids Program Coordinator, Mrs. Debra Reynolds.
Please make sure that you upload the authorization notification in the others section of applicant documents.Job Title:
Student Intern (Federal Work Study)Employment Status:
Part Time .25Department:
School of Agriculture and Applied SciencesPurpose of Job:
This position is located in the Department of Human Sciences, Ms. La’Tasha Coleman, Supervisor.
To assist with the day to day operations of the department.Scope of Responsibilities:
To assist with the day to day operations of the department.Essential Job Functions :
• Student will assist with departmental activities and events
• Students will assist in preparation for research studies
• Students will assist at front desk/office
• Students will assist in Tutoring Services as peer tutors
• Students will assist in the Child Development Learning Center (CDLC)
• Students should be able to prepare and submit all hours worked as scheduled.
•Must be enrolled at Alcorn State University as an undergraduate with at least 6 hours
•Must be available to work and meet class schedule with academic success in the course during the academic school year.
•Must dress appropriately for work environment
• Must be dependable and able to work without supervisor’s constant oversight;
• Must have excellent interpersonal, customer relations, communication, and organizational skills;
• Effective time management skills;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, e-mail and internet;
• Highly organized, detail oriented;
• Successful experience working in a team environment; and
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Federal Work Study AwardLight Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds:
OccasionallyMedium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds:
Not RequiredPosting Number:
LormanPosition End Date (if temporary):
09/24/2020Open Until Filled:
Alcorn State University
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of Non-Discrimination
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.