Clinical Associate Professor/Director of Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Posting DetailsPosition Number002029Functional TitleClinical Associate Professor/Director of Doctor of Nursing Practice ProgramPosition TypeNon-Tenure StreamPosition EclassFG - Faculty 12 Mo Leave EarningUniversity Information
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit
The School of Nursing is ACEN and CCNE accredited and is an NLN Center of Excellence in Faculty Development. The University has over 18,000 students and is classified by Carnegie as a research University with high research activity. The School of Nursing has over 1,300 students enrolled in BSN, RN-BSN, MSN, MSN/MBA, DNP and PhD programs. Please visit our website at www.uncg.edu/nur/.Position Summary
The Director of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program is the academic administrative officer responsible for the program. The Program Director ensures that the standards and policies of the School, the University, and the North Carolina State Board of Nursing, and other accrediting bodies are met. Furthermore, the Director ensures that the DNP program achieves the highest standards for clinical doctoral education delineated by national nursing education organizations. The Director is responsible for facilitating the planning, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement for doctoral level education. Senior level candidates will be considered for a new prestigious clinical faculty designation of clinical scholar, The Brooks Clinical Scholar.
The Director of the DNP Program reports directly to the Associate Dean for Academic Programs. Responsibilities of the position include:
1. Collaboration with department chairs, Associate Deans and faculty to coordinate course offerings, faculty assignments, and program improvement for the DNP program.
2. Serving as the Director of Graduate Study for the DNP Program.
3. Serving on the School of Nursing Program Directors Committee.
4. Collaboration with the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, the Curriculum Committee, and DNP faculty regarding issues related to student recruitment, admissions, financial aid/scholarships/traineeships, learning and information technologies, and program evaluation.
5. Advising prospective and enrolled DNP students.
6. Collecting and analyzing data to evaluate the effectiveness and quality of the DNP program.
7. Ensuring standards and policies of the School, University, and accrediting organizations are met for the DNP program.
8. Collaboration with the Senior Associate Dean for Research and the Associate Dean Academic Programs in seeking and implementing training grants.
9. Mentoring DNP students and faculty in scholarly role development.
10. Collaboration with health care organizations outside of the University to ensure faculty options for maintaining clinical practice.
11. Assisting faculty with recruitment of clinical preceptors and placement of DNP students in clinical practice sites.
12. Assisting and supporting faculty in teaching DNP courses, supervising scholarly endeavors, and managing student issues and concerns.
13. Oversees application, admission, matriculation, progression, and graduation patterns of DNP students.
14. Coordinating the visit of consultants for the DPN program.
15. Providing systematic communication with the Dean of the Graduate School and the Associate Dean for Academic Programs on program related issues.
16. Engaging in an active program of scholarship.
Candidates must hold a master’s degree and a doctoral degree in nursing, or related health field. Eligibility for licensure in North Carolina is required.Preferred Qualifications
The successful candidate will have graduate teaching experience, scholarship appropriate to the desired rank, certification as an advanced practice nurse, and demonstrated leadership abilities. Previous administrative experience is desirable.Tenure StatusNot on TrackSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following:
1. Letter of interest that addresses stated responsibilities and qualifications
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume
3. The names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three or more professional references.
Direct inquiries to: Dr. Robin Remsburg, Dean, 443-812-2743, [email protected]Recruitment RangeSalary and clinical rank will be commensurate with experience and credentials.Org #-DepartmentNursing - 12802Job Open Date09/24/2020For Best Consideration DateJob Close DateOpen Until FilledYesFTE1.000Type of AppointmentPermanentTime Limited DurationNumber of Months per Year12FLSAExemptADA ChecklistPhysical EffortHand Movement-Repetitive Motions - F, Hand Movement-Grasping - F, Holding - O, Finger Dexterity - F, Vision-Skilled Trades - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Eye-hand coordination - F, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - O, Vision-Visual inspection - F, Hearing - C, Talking - F, Standing - O, Sitting - F, Walking - OWork EnvironmentInside - CApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?