HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT II
To provide skills and knowledge for the performance of responsible specialized duties in the administration of Human Resources functions. Responsible for assisting in the administration of various functions involving application and interpretation of complex rules, regulations, procedures, and policies.Description of Duties
• Provides administrative support services within assigned area of Human Resources such as recruitment, benefits, training, salary administration and employee records, and/or general assistance.
• Coordinates the maintenance, recording, preparation and reporting of employee data.
• Performs reviews and verification in support of personnel and payroll actions and ensures compliance with established procedures.
• May specialize in the area of salary administration, which includes evaluating and processing a variety of payroll documents, changes, terminations and reports.
• Collects employee information for reports and statistical research.
• Applies knowledge and understanding of HR concepts, practices, and procedures to investigate, document, and resolve unique payroll and human resource problems and issues.
• Anticipates and identifies potential human resource and/or payroll problems to minimize the financial and operational impact.
• Communicates and informs departments upon personnel policies and/or changes.
• May prepare training materials and conduct training on Human Resource functions and processes.
• May be assigned to special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Supervision Received
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
High school diploma or equivalent.Preferred Education
Technical or Associate’s degreeLicenses/Certifications
•Two (2) years of relevant work experience in an office setting, including in a human resources function, or
•Work experience in an office setting/ human resources function with an Associates degree or 60 college credit hours.
Use of standard office equipment.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment; some evening and/or weekend work may be required.Other
Accuracy in all phases of work is required. Tact, diplomacy and judgment required in dealing with others. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date09/24/2020Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration DateEEO Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25847Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document