Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2
Job Number: 87382
The Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Pain Management is seeking an Administrative Associate 2 (AA2) that has excellent organizational skills, displays initiative, proven work experience as an administrative assistant and is a great team player.
The Pain Management Center at Stanford University Medical Center offers a comprehensive range of services for patients dealing with acute or chronic pain problems. Each year, the Stanford University Pain Management Center provides care for more than 10,000 patients with acute, chronic, and cancer pain problems. Our focus is to treat the entire patient, addressing each problem that contributes to the patient's pain and inability to live their life to the fullest. To learn more about the Division of Pain Medicine, go to http://med.stanford.edu/paincenter.html.
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their career.
- Respond to inquiries from Division pertaining to administrative tasks/requests/follow up efforts. Problem-solving resolutions and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedure. Work with Division Manager & IT Operations to configure & support lab space planning: cubicle assignment, office equipment & supplies, phones, etc. Manage security compliance for shared systems. Process new employee and exiting employee checklists. Working with Environmental Health & Safety, ensure the lab's compliance with all safety requirements.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites. Monitor MD CAP profiles and collaborate with each faculty member to update accordingly. Monitor division research website for info that needs updating related to active clinical trials
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Stanford experience preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft office suite software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87382
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency