Campus Safety Department-Safety Aide 2020/2021- FWS
Request to Recruit InformationJob TitleCampus Safety Department-Safety Aide 2020/2021- FWSStudent Position TypeFederal Work StudyAppointment TypePart-TimeFTEWork Schedule
C.S.A.s may be scheduled various rotating shift, including weekends and nightshifts by the
Department of Campus Safety up to 20hrs./wk. During summer, winter and spring break
C.S.A.s hours may increase to 28hrs./wk.
Under the direction of the Student Worker Coordinator, and Lead Campus Safety Aide the Campus Safety Aide will assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations.
Campus Safety Aide will assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations that include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the Communication Center of the Campus Safety Department, including answering phones, two-way radios and campus Blue Phones in often times stressful situations.
- Assist the Campus Safety Officers in general operations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance in the collection and entry of data for use in the department’s assessment and program review efforts.
- Provide assistance with various projects upon request, including development and/or refinement of Power Point programs, spreadsheets, bulletin boards and other related media.
- Assist the Campus Safety Officers, including building opening and closing, safety transports and escorts, building access requests and other Campus Safety services.
- Assist Officers’ field efforts by accessing computerized campus information.
- Serve as a receptionist/resource person for walk-ins needing information, directions or other types of customer service.
- General office-related duties including copying, filing, answering phones, bicycle registration and safety program, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a pleasant disposition and an ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact in sensitive situations.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities in often times stressful situations.
- Ability and willingness to work a wide variety of shifts including late night/early morning hours and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license with favorable driving record required.
- Experience in data entry and retrieval.
- Strong customer service background.
- Interest in public safety
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.LocationLa Verne Central CampusIf Other, please specify.Posting Number20190827SESpecial Instructions to ApplicantsOpen Date07/16/2020Close Date10/31/2020Open Until FilledNoQuick Linkhttp://laverne.peopleadmin.com/postings/9496Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter