Marketing and Communications Specialist
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Job Number: 87379
(Note: This position is funded through August 2021)
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Job Code: 4893
Job Grade: I
This is a fixed term position funded through August 2021.
Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consider all the lives saved over the many years as a result of Stanford's innovation in the medical field. Imagine a world without the internet and social platforms. Did you know Stanford pioneered the procedure for organ transplants and also created the first website in the United States? All of these advances and more, are a direct result of Stanford University's prominent faculty, researchers and alumni, who have revolutionized the way we live and enriched the world. Supporting this mission is Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff, who come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere.
Financial Management Services
Financial Management Services (FMS) is part of the Stanford University Business Affairs organization, whose vision is “to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research.” Specifically, this position will reside within the FMS Marketing and Communications team, a part of the Organizational Effectiveness department.
The team seeks an experienced communications specialist who can use their strong writing and strategic thinking skills to help the organization achieve its goals. By partnering effectively with leadership and business owners, the individual will support the organization with clear, timely and engaging communications to its internal and external clients and stakeholders.
Specifically, the individual will work to document policies and processes in alignment with the needs of the financial management community, coordinate with other change management stakeholders to execute on updates to these policies and processes, and write and maintain content and deliverables to support their adoption and raise awareness.
The individual has a passion for translating complex financial processes and requirements into clear, concise and accessible communication deliverables. The individual works well autonomously, able to drive their own deadlines, yet proactively engages with subject matter experts and stakeholders to achieve shared outcomes.
- Communicate and support the university's understanding of policies, processes, and systems associated with programs and services in areas such as financial compliance, operations, risk, and procurement services.
- Support financial governance activities through procedural documentation, preparation of materials and publishing of executive-level reports, summaries and presentations.
- Recommend and execute communication and engagement strategies to raise awareness of, promote and support continuous improvement of products and services that inspire and enable excellence in financial stewardship for the university.
- Plan and sometimes facilitate strategic engagement activities with key stakeholders to align expectations and understanding through the university community.
- Write and maintain web content related to financial compliance, processes and policies.
- Partner with and collaborate with stakeholders across the university to facilitate change management
Redwood City Campus
Our new Stanford Redwood City campus is the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff whose jobs are important to supporting the university's mission. The campus brings departments together in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a child care center for Stanford families.
Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of the 2020 calendar year. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience documenting policy, procedure and process for an organization.
- Excellent client service skills with a focus on supporting and aligning business goals
- Experience with marketing and communications tools and software; such as Drupal web content management, presentation, visual design and collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal
- Seven or more years of experience
- Experience documenting and communicating about financial products, processes and/or systems
- Experience in a decentralized environment
- Change management experience
FMS invites you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply Online” link. Please submit an online application, resume, and cover letter.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 87379
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency