Academic Coordinator, Doctoring Program (Part-Time) (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
This position will serve as the primary contact for setting up and maintain curricular materials in One45 in the Center for Clinical Assessment and Evaluation. Supports the daily operations of the materials and documents used during patient simulations with standardized patients. This position provides event support by procuring, preparing, setting up and re-setting the rooms and equipment as required. Must be able to handle unexpected situations that may arise with tact, diplomacy, maturity and clear thinking in order to resolve issues in timely manner.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Asa cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough andFurlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board ofRegents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordancewith adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will berequired to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs andwhether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
- Setting up and maintaining curricular materials and student/faculty scheduling in one45, a curricular management software program, and performing mapping and tagging of learning objectives.
- Maintaining Google docs website, which hosts faculty materials, managing accounts for faculty and assisting faculty with accessing materials/troubleshooting as needed.
- Providing advanced administrative support for Director/Assistant Directors in the creation/modification/maintenance of the Doctoring course for first and second year medical students and compiling data, preparing reports and other documents as requested.
- Preparing materials for student activities and providing oversight of staff to ensure set up of classrooms, exam rooms and debrief rooms with necessary materials.
- Assisting with creation of reports and/or preparation of data for Academic Affairs program/projects.
- Following activities with standardized patients (SPs), reviewing SP checklists and providing written feedback to check content, and assuring consistency with program standards and editing as needed.
- Monitoring calendaring requests made through ASTRA from outside programs for space in the Center for Clinical Skills and approve according to protocol. Reserving rooms for Doctoring curriculum each academic year.
- Training faculty, staff and students to use and utilizing new educational technology tools.
- Attending and actively participating in curriculum presentations and committees.
- Fostering a professional, collegial, supportive environment for standardized patients, staff and students.
- Reviewing checklists and written feedback of Standardized Patients for quality control purposes following activities.
- Reviewing and coordinating student assessment procedures.
- Appropriately handling sensitive and confidential student academic materials.
- Additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.