Digital Communication Manager
Digital Communication Manager Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202009116043 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $61,600 - $106,300 Position Information The Digital Communications Manager will plan, create, edit, update and manage web structure and design, create graphics and interactive assets; develop and populate email templates and applications; and manage social media sites utilizing HTML, CSS, design software and the content management system. Must gather data from the website, email and social media and analyze to make recommendations to improve effectiveness. Must be able to effectively communicate visual ideas and designs that result in a positive user experience. This position will work collaboratively with business school colleagues, UCR information technology professionals and external partners.The salary range for this position is $61,600 to $121,200, however it is currently budgeted to up to midpoint, $91,400. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required Education or training in web design and development and graphics Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required Experience in editing and writing Preferred 1 year Drupal and Site Factory Experience. Email platforms and social media site management Preferred 2 years Web development and management experience. Preferred
Minimum Requirements Thorough interpersonal communication skills.
Thorough technical skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, animation, web interaction, and/or other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities.
Thorough understanding of organization's processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications.
Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of design and user experience, including skill to design in an appealing, lively and relevant way.
Thorough skills to develop and implement original ideas and correctly identify and effectively solve problems.
Thorough understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work.
Thorough skills to create clear, easy-to-navigate, informative, accurate, well-designed, and functional web sites that provide web content consistent with the organization's message and in keeping with management directives and client objectives.
Thorough knowledge of content management systems and/or relevant web applications used for web production and organization-specific computer application programs.
Willingness to learn new programs, processes and systems to support school needs.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position