SECURITY SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
SECURITY SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Posting Number: SRGV4509
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: University Police
Scope of Job:
To provide technical skills in the installation, repair, and maintenance of security equipment. This position provides highly technical skills in the repair and maintenance of all physical security systems in operation at UTRGV.
Description of Duties:
• Assists with installing, maintaining, programming and repairing all security camera and video management systems.
• Maintains in-car mobile video camera systems.
• Maintains access to security systems and access control systems.
• Assists with review, evaluation, and maintaining of the access control software system and hardware for all passageways throughout all UTRGV campus locations. This includes Vanderbilt, RS2 and CSGold and Genetec. Supports the daily operation and required system upgrades.
• Maintains mobile data communications equipment.
• Performs work according to manufacturer’s specifications, departmental guidelines, industry standards and best practices and in compliance with federal and state laws.
• Reads schematic diagrams, hardware specifications, construction documents and other project planning documents for security systems design, planning and maintenance.
• Performs preventative maintenance on all security systems equipment and servers.
• Uses testing devices to identify and locate equipment malfunctions.
• Develops and maintains an accurate maintenance program including record documentation.
• Researches and recommends equipment for upgrades or replacement.
• Assists in evaluation and implementation of campus-wide physical security needs.
• Assists with managing projects, contractors, and security integrators.
• Organizes and maintains critical and confidential physical security related records, inspection documents and purchase orders.
• Provides training in the use of security cameras and video management systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Completion of technical coursework in electronics or a related field.
Valid Texas Driver’s License or ability to obtain within six (6) weeks of hire. Preferred: Axis Certified Professional
Two (2) years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of security systems and equipment.
Experience with integrated security systems. Direct knowledge of various alarm systems functions, telephone/intercom systems and security video recording systems.
Use of standard office equipment. Needs to have knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment, hand tools, and network/IP equipment. Knowledge of Security Camera Systems and Video management tools.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Outdoor environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Ability to climb ladders, stairways and work on buildings rooftops of high elevation. Ability to work in confined spaces such as ceilings, under crawlspaces and manholes. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds above head. Exposure to weather and potential occupational hazards. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Accuracy in providing diagnostic information, providing specifications, operational or setup data and while using instruments, tools and equipment. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical. Must meet certain prerequisites established by the Office of the Director of Police, the Board of Regents, Chief of Police, and the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement concerning age requirements and physical, mental, and educational standards.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 07/09/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25845
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency