IT MEDIA SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN II
IT MEDIA SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN II
Posting Number: SRGV4663
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: IT Academic & Support Srvcs
Scope of Job:
To coordinate the daily operations pertaining to Interactive classes via distance learning, perform skilled installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all assigned IT Media Systems, such as classroom technology systems, videoconferencing technology systems in support of UTRGV faculty, students, staff and visitors.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for installation, operation, and support of video network infrastructure.
• Responsible for install of campus-wide digital signage infrastructure, and for activities including uploading of programming and monitoring the broadcast to ensure proper utilization.
• Troubleshoots, maintains and performs complex repairs of AV equipment in hi-tech Distance Learning classrooms and multimedia spaces.
• Provides daily support and preventative maintenance of campus-wide digital signage infrastructure and activities, including uploading of programming and monitoring.
• Provides hardware and software support for IT systems, including but not limited to computer systems, network monitoring systems, network video recording systems, video networking connections, video cameras, microphones/mixers/amplifiers/speakers, projectors, monitors, and media recorders of various types.
• Responsible for installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of classroom multimedia systems.
• Schedules and coordinates all multimedia needs for high profile special events by providing the setup and operation of multimedia systems, projection systems and public address audio systems.
• Recommends procedures for operation of smart classrooms, interactive telepresence classrooms and all multimedia facilities as approved by Supervisor.
• Conducts training and develops strategies for staff, faculty, students and other clients on the operations of IT Media Systems to ensure optimal performance.
• Attends seminars and courses to remain current on state-of-the-art instructional technologies.
• Installs and/or upgrades classroom multimedia systems as required, ensuring optimal performance.
• Keeps written records and reports of all activities and scheduled events.
• Manufactures audio/video/computer/control cables and connections as required for new installations/repairs.
• Makes recommendations for tools, equipment, office supplies, etc. for successful daily operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned support staff
Associates Degree in Information Technology field, or 60 hours of College Credit with a minimum of 18 hours in IT related coursework.
• Three (3) years of experience in technical support related to computer hardware, audio, video and computer equipment, multimedia display and control systems, networking and/or experience performing software upgrades, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or GED.
Use of standard office equipment. Advanced troubleshooting skills related to support of IT multimedia systems. Advanced Knowledge in hardware and software related to video, networking, audio/video/multimedia/presentation hardware and software installation, setup, and maintenance. Knowledge in conferencing technology operation and installation.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties, including setting up and connection of needed systems. Ability to lift equipment up to 30 pounds and perform work on ladders. Construction environment during installation projects along with office environment some travel and evening/weekend work is required.
This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/23/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25839
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency