Job Number: 87360
- Working under general supervision, these employees perform journey level work involved with the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment, new construction and remodels.
- They may work alone or as part of a crew depending on the work assignment.
- Assignments are normally received in the form of work orders, blueprints, sketches, or verbal instructions.
- Routine work is performed independently and is inspected in progress and upon completion for compliance with specifications.
- Direction is received from an Electrician Specialist, Lead Person or Supervisor.
The duties listed under this section are designed to provide a representative sampling of key tasks and/or responsibilities associated with the job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all the duties performed by employees in the classification.
- Perform electrical preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment from distribution panels to receptacles and loads. Troubleshoot and repair faulty electrical distribution equipment.
- Maintain light and power circuits, control circuits, electric motors of various sizes and types, lighting fixtures, transformers, communications systems, standby battery power circuits and equipment, making repairs as necessary.
- Test as necessary for short circuits, grounds, and other electrical disorders and take corrective measures as indicated.
- Perform configuration management, trace and label electrical systems, red line prints, and document findings for engineering and draftspersons.
- Plan layouts and install conduits, circuits, wires, cables, pull boxes, transformers, switches, lighting fixtures and other related equipment required in making additions, extensions, or alterations in electrical systems, or in new construction.
- Repair and replace defective parts in motors, generators, pumps, storage batteries, switchboards, controllers, switches, and other related equipment.
- Calibrate and align Instrumentation and meters for optimal performance.
- Splice multiple conductor cables used in 600V and below electrical power distribution systems; troubleshoot and repair faulty or failed splices; test conductors for dielectric strength and continuity; cleans, and splice corresponding conductors, and connections.
- Adhere to safety rules.
- Ability to use computers and other electronic devices and learn departmental programs for planning, scheduling and documenting work.
- Compliance with, federal, state and local electrical and work safety standards.
- Ability to create and read wiring diagrams, single-line and three-line diagrams.
- Working knowledge of the theory of operations of various types of communications systems, motors, illumination systems, power systems, heating appliances and other electrical equipment.
- Must have knowledge of NFPA and CAL-OSHA standards on electrical and work safety procedures.
- Experience in electrical construction and the installation, maintenance, and operations of a wide variety of electrical equipment such as that described above.
- Must have ability to use a variety of tools and instruments such as hand tools of the trade: voltmeter, ohmmeter, current meter, motor analyzer, megger, circuit tracing equipment, hydraulic bending equipment, motorized cable pulling equipment, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Noncommercial Class license, a good driving record and the ability to operate standard and automatic transmission vehicles and may operate a high lift truck.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain certification in CPR and First Aid training.(Provided by employer)
- Must be certified to the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70E) of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). California State Electrical Certification, preferred
This position is represented by SEIU Local 2007 and the collective bargaining agreement between the university and SEIU Local 2007 governs the terms and conditions of employment.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4923
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87360
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency