Audio Visual Technician
Macalester College seeks to hire an Audio Visual Technican for the A/V Services function in the ITS department. This position provides outstanding service to campus event planners through collaborative planning, coordination, set-up, operation, recording, and striking of audio/visual systems including traditional event A/V systems and digital webinar/meeting tools. This position assists with learning and meeting space audio/visual support.Responsibilities
- Plans and consults with internal and external event planners for audio/visual coordination and planning; establishes and communicates shared requirements; provides guidance on what is possible in an event space and when to bring in contract partners to achieve event requirements; and coordinates with internal and external service partners and contractors.
- Provides campus event and public program setup, operation, and logistical support for small to large-scale audiovisual systems in an academic environment to agreed upon show flows. Provides friendly and professional service to internal and external clients onsite; integrates systems and services with contractors and external service providers; sets-up and operates a variety of A/V equipment including digital meeting/webinar tools, cameras, PA speakers, microphones, mixers, projectors, laptops, switchers, scalers, digital recording devices, etc.; and, at the completion of an event, strikes gear, transports and unpacks gear, and ensures orderly storage of equipment.
- Provides emergency and backup assistance to learning and meeting space A/V support. Provides general help desk support when needed.
- Partners with colleagues in Campus Operations to train student workers to correctly operate A/V equipment. Provides check-ins with student workers prior to events.
- Edits, as neccessary, digital audio and video recordings of event to event planner requirements.
- Provides training for event planners as needed includeding presentations, written documentation, and video demonstrations.
- Maintains and cultivates positive relationships with campus event partners, especially Campus Operations and Special Events.
- Evaluates A/V installed and mobile A/V inventory, maintains equipment as needed, and makes recommendations to update or expand available equipment to ensure continued successful operation and event support.
- High school diploma or 1-3 years experience at an educational institution in a technical audio/visual support position
- A minium of 1-3 years experience operating audio/video systems for live events.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse and independent group of clients, including students, faculty and staff.
- A background in video, audio, and presentation technologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing needs and technologies.
- Vocational or associates degree
- Experience with digital webinar/meeting tools, for example Zoom.
For consideration, please submit your resume through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by October 16, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester College has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit Macalester Benefits for more information about what Macalester has to offer its employees.