Posting DetailsJob TitleBusiness Analyst/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24682Working TitleBusiness AnalystDepartment NameH4018: CH/GS Hospital AdministrationWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$46,675-78,499/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 50lbs; standing or walking with objects up to 10lbs; and sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing).Shift
Days; Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional nights and weekends per departmental needs.Job Summary
This position supports the responsibilities of the Strategic Operations Team. This position also coordinates the integration with operations and supporting work teams for hospital, ambulatory and other healthcare projects. Required to work closely with the Hospital Operations Managers to help achieve enterprise mission and goals. Facilitates the development of report and analytical requirements to meet identified business needs including dashboards, reports, modeling, etc. Deliver data in support of human capital strategy and decision making, utilizing ODB, financial reporting, and other systems as available.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects while accurately completing routine functions in a fast paced, high intensity, professional work environment; knowledge of SAP; proficient in Microsoft Office; excellent attention to detail; exceptional planning and organizational skill; effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to solve routine problems and manage resources; demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service, time management, and judgment; and respect.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
PMP certification preferred.Deadline to Apply09/30/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have working in healthcare or healthcare operations.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * There are many healthcare internal and external reporting databases. Please discuss your experience with monitoring performance through either of these types of databases.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please give a specific example of a complex project you've managed from start to finish. Describe the value of the project, size of your team, time it took to complete, resources created or utilized for project monitoring/management/reporting, to whom you reported status updates, the challenges you faced, steps you took to mitigate the complexity, how you communicated with and led your team and the control process you used for accurate completion and delivery.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter