Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, a furlough and pay reduction program has been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the plan will be notified in accordance with adopted furlough and pay reduction program guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the furlough and pay reduction program and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu.Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs at the University with the objective of turning data into critical information and knowledge which can be utilized to make sound decisions which support University operations.
- Supports the University goal of establishing a comprehensive data support infrastructure by being a knowledgeable analyst in various data pillars supported by UAIR.
- Visualizes data to enable effective decision making with on the fly data analysis capabilities.
- Identifies data patterns and trends and provides insights to enhance decision making capability in planning, process improvement, and solution assessment.
- Recommends actions for future developments & strategic institutional opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies.
- Assists campus users including department staff, administrators, faculty and other personnel with data and business intelligence related requests.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years of relevant experience through internships, jobs, or course curriculum/projects
Knowledge , Skills, Abilities
- Proven success in building and maintaining customer relationships at multiple levels.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet
- Ability to be self-driven and maintain strong work ethic.
- Ability to present complex data in a succinct, meaningful way to both technical and business audiences.
Resourcefulness, flexibility, responsiveness, and attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, analytical, logical problem solving, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects in an environment filled with competing priorities.
- Ability to work with complex data in a relational database environment.
•Experience with Business Intelligence (conception, design, implementation, and support).
•Experience with data warehouse (conception, design, implementation, and support).
•Experience working with data in a higher education environment.
•Experience working with research-related financial data at a Research 1 institution.
•Knowledge of university processes and multiple systemsFLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryPlanning and AnalysisBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$47,048-$65,344Compensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade8 Career Stream and LevelPC2Job FamilyData Analysis Job FunctionPlanning & Analysis Type of criminal background check required:Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department) Number of Vacancies2 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesGrishma Chitrakar