Residency Database Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Surgery
Residency Database Coordinator
Position # 00675766 – Requisition #19261
The Department of Surgery seeks a full-time (1.00 FTE) Residency Database Coordinator. This position will manage the data collection, reporting and compliance of the General Surgery Residency duty hours information and other key information for the General Surgery Residency program. This position also supports educational activities for the General Surgery Residency Program in the School of Medicine by ensuring that critical information is entered into a variety of databases and is obtained from residents who are not compliant in submitting this key data. This position is also responsible for general advising and communicating with residents about submission of duty hours, onboarding information, training modules, paperwork for residency rotations, and leave requests, and prepares calendars, reports and tracks progress in maintaining resident compliance with programmatic, institutional, rotation site, hospital, state, and regulatory policies and procedures.
As a member of the Education Team, this role will provide support to all aspects of the annual admissions and recruitment process; supporting the day-to-day fiscal, operational and data management needs of the Department’s Residency program; ensuring compliance with all applicable accreditation, laws, regulations and guidelines; and communicating internally and externally about fellowship and residency policies and practices.
Examples of Work Performed:
Residency Program Data Management:
- Initiate new reporting methods utilizing MedHub software, communicates professionally with individual residents, proactively communicates regarding duty hours reporting to residents, faculty, staff and program leadership, and ensures compliance with duty hours guidelines from ACGME.
- Act as one of the Department’s residency management software super-users and is a super-user of all residency program databases.
- Assist with use of technology to train residents using simulation. Serves as liaison to technical representatives for repair and maintenance of simulation technology.
- Manage the training calendar for duty hours and enter data into residency management software, including scheduling individual training appointments as requested, scheduling group training sessions and scheduling training times with individual residents. Handles the same duties for case log entry for individual residents as needed.
- Enter data into various databases and validates data entered by staff/Program Coordinators/resident self-reporting.
- Enters contact information, resident photos, medical school histories and residency training histories, licensure Info, NPI numbers, usernames, and E-mail addresses.
- Enters and audits resident demographics data for accuracy and auditing competency modules for program compliance.
- Troubleshoot software functionality inquiries and communicating solutions in compliance with ACGME accreditation (where applicable).
- Generate a high volume of comprehensive global reports from residency management software (MedHub), ACGME WebAds, ACGME Case Logs, ERAS, tracking spreadsheets, and other residency program software.
- Perform data entry for resident onboarding, residency program compliance monitoring and routine completion tracking as it pertains to residency management software (MedHub) and documents on the GME onboarding website, WebAds, the Board, the NRMP, and ERAS as well as all other residency databases.
- Provides coverage for residency staff as needed in residency office, at department activities, including conferences and residency functions for orientation, training, operations, and recruitment.
- Manage and maintain documentation and portfolios for Surgery Residents.
- Work with on- and off-campus entities to provide information on accreditation requirements, duty hours compliance and resident information.
- Create, and analyze spreadsheets for summarizing and informing best practices and decisions.
- Clarify, direct and counsel various program and residency issues to create a positive working environment surrounding duty hours and the work environment.
- Address program, alumni and applicant issues to ensure compliance with many policies and procedures through various entities and institutions.
- Respond to resident and prospective resident inquiries within 48 hours; maintains positive, responsive, customer service environment in the residency office.
- Establishes interview days for residents.
- Organizes information on applicants from national resident applicant database, ERAS.
- Coordinates faculty interviewers, space, meals, transportation and, in some cases, housing and other needs for prospective residents.
- Gathers and assembles interview results, and prepares for the Resident Match process, including coordinating a faculty ranking session and ultimate submission of Match list to the on-line system.
- Manages all funds related to the Residency, whether those funds originate from hospital support of residents and the training program, GME support, departmental support, grants and contracts, gift funds or other sources.
- Prepares budgets controls, and monitors revenue and expenditure activity for each source of funds.
- Manages the various databases required for compliance, including, but not limited to: ERAS, NRMP, ABA, OnCall (amion), MedHub, etc.; manages software used for resident evaluations or a host of other residency needs.
- Administers pertinent State fiscal policies, UCDSOM rules and procedures, and State/Federal laws and standards applicable to, the Residency or business management.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting, HR, Communications, Marketing or a related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of experience in working with students, faculty and other campus departments.
- Experience working with large amounts of complex data in databases and spreadsheets.
- Experience working with MedHub, ACGM E WebAds, ACGME Case Logs, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with data entry, data reconciliation, and correcting reports independently.
- Experience independently managing a program or project.
- Experience in communicating critical information to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to multitask and plan.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with challenging personalities (on and off campus).
- Open and comfortable completing small and/or large tasks as assigned and needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, data entry, and comfort with technology overall.
- Understanding and familiarity with residency education systems (ACGME WebAds, Case log system, MedHub) and university systems (Concur).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solve and work with a wide range of individuals across the school.
- Ability to multi-task effectively to prioritize high volume of phone calls, inquiries and emails and still meet ongoing deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 23, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing