Support Specialist, Accreditation, Assessment, and Curriculum, School of Nursing
JOB TITLE: SPECIALIST, ACCREDITATION, ASSESSMENT AND CURRICULUM, SCHOOL OF NURSING
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves to support the School of Nursing as the Support Specialist to the Association Dean, Accreditation, Assessment and Curriculum, working closely with the Director of Faculty Development and Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives for the School of Nursing.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Associate Dean, Accreditation, Assessment, and Curriculum
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support for accreditation visits for the SON.
- Responsible for annual faculty reporting and data management of FTF/Adjunct CVS/Preceptors/Site Visitors for accreditation purposes.
- Provide data entry and management of Skyfactor software & program assessment materials for graduating students, alumni, and employer surveys.
- Serves as the recording secretary for the agenda/minutes of the Faculty Life Council, Assessment Council, and Faculty Relations Committee as needed.
- Management and guidance of Daisy Award logistics for Faculty Life Council.
- Provides logistic support for conferencing events in addition but not limited to CE Activity adherence to ONA standards, registrations, marketing, conference materials, and nurse planner training.
- May require minimal travel and availability during the School of Nursing Continuing Education events.
- Assists in the management of SON media pages and indwes.edu/nursing website
- Assists the Administrative Assistant to the VPAA as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: According to Indiana Wesleyan University’s employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement. Education|Certification:
- Associate degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Access), and IWU Computer systems/willing to learn IWU computer systems.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment adjusting priorities as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- One to three years of office experience preferred.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer