ERP Business Analyst II
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleERP Business Analyst IIDepartmentSYS-IT Shared Services-925000Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationCommensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) is a component of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.Position Overview
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an ERP Business Analyst II to join their team. This position is a member of the Student Administration Business Analysis Team within the Enterprise Applications (EA) division of ITSS. The ERP Business Analyst II works closely with departmental customers to conduct ERP enterprise application business analysis, identify business objectives and requirements, and prepare test plans. Collects information to assist in the development of technology plans and strategies. Assists in planning and implementing ERP systems related projects. Maximizes customer satisfaction by supporting ongoing information services to designated clients.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Math, or related business field and three years of progressively responsible business analysis or business functional experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•Basic knowledge of the methods used in application development and support, including system analysis and design, and system testing techniques.
•Strong skill in writing requirements and testing plans for computer applications.
•Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and business application problems.
•Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level business analysts for specific tasks or assignments.
•Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
•Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- PeopleSoft Student Administration experience or other ERP System.
- Familiarity with Best Practices and Business Analysis techniques.
- Higher education experience.
- Familiarity with SQL.
Generally 8am – 5pmDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleERP Business Analyst IIPhysical RequirementsSitting Job Duties o
- Elicit requirements to identify a future state that addresses a business problem.
- Analyze and manage requirements to an effective set that will provide a positive impact in advancing business objectives.
- Create compelling business cases with the ability to communicate and measure proposed project benefits.
- Provide input to effort estimates and partner with teams to quantify resource requirements.
- Create solutions that advance architectural objectives.
- Design usable solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
- Create and execute test plans that map to requirements.
- Confer with analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation in conjunction with application teams and monitor system functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Liaisons between business users and technical teams to communicate requirements, test plans and appropriate project information.
- Supports business users for application systems, addresses functional system issues and questions.
- Obtain and use information on factors such as standards, reporting formats required, costs, performance needs and security needs to determine system non-functional requirements.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Letter of Recommendation