Adjunct Faculty Member Sustainable Social Impact MBA &DBA
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-09-23
Saybrook University, a regionally accredited independent nonprofit California graduate school, seeks an adjunct faculty members to join the Department of Leadership & Management (DLM) to develop courses and teach in the Sustainable Social Impact Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA). The SSI MBA and DBA is a new program offering through the DLM slated to be launched in the Spring 2021 Semester.
Students in our Sustainable Social Impact MBA/DBA study and apply leadership practices in a cohort-based, on-line setting.
Graduates of our program work within private and public sectors to contribute to the organizational strategies that drives return on investment in the following outcome categories: people, planet, profit, and purpose.
Starting in the mid Fall Semester, under the direction of the chair of the Department of Leadership and Management, the adjunct faculty members recruited may be assigned to develop and teach the following courses:
- Program Preparation Course in Humanistic Management (MBA/DBA)
- Marketing Planning and Strategy (MBA)
- Managerial Accounting (MBA)
- Global Business: Exploration and Evaluation of Culture and Economics (MBA)
- Global Financial Systems (DBA)
- Advanced Operations Management for Transformational Leaders (DBA)
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship (DBA)
Under the supervision of the Department Chair, the position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach on-line/hybrid courses assigned in a synchronous and asynchronous settings via use of learning management systems, video conference applications, and other remote teaching and learning platforms. Provide 1:1 and small group/team coaching with students
- Meet with students on 1:1 basis as regularly scheduled office hours and as requested
- Develop course content such as, learning outcomes, catalog descriptions, syllabi, and implementation into the Canvas learning management system
- Research, recommend, and apply appropriate learning resources based on the learning outcomes identified for each course
- Implement formative and summative student evaluations
- Conduct program/course evaluation as part of the continuous improvement process
- Collaborate with students and colleagues on special programs and assignments
- Attend and participate in the Residential Orientation and Residential Conference
- Attend scheduled meetings and as requested with faculty members
- Contribute to the marketing, outreach, and recruitment efforts of the program
- Conduct applicant reviews and recommend enrollment decisions
- Participate in the preparation for regular accreditation visits as assigned
- MBA is a minimum required credential to teach in the MBA program. To teach in the DBA program will require DBA or a Ph.D. All faculty members must have minimum of 5 years professional experience in the course knowledge area.
- Previous experience in teaching and course development and evaluation, preferred.
- Demonstrated scholarship and career accomplishments in the field of business administration, management, and leadership (professional experience in thought leadership areas of leadership, sustainability and previous experience teaching in programs with diverse student body)
- Relevant supervision and teaching experience at the graduate level, including oversight and coaching of students in the capstones, internships, and dissertations.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of Saybrook University.
- Ability to create a sense of unity and common purpose and manages change effectively.
- Demonstrated track record of interdisciplinary working within and beyond the Department and the University.
- Excellence in teaching and learning applying a combination of pedagogies by applying technology and traditional methods while centering the approaches on humanistic principles and ideals.
- Thinks strategically and gains support of program colleagues for strategic decisions/directions
- Honest and open, with a high level of personal integrity
- Communicates effectively
- Consults with colleagues at all levels
- Well organized and able to juggle complex workload demands
- Strong commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity in education and faculty employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA). Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Special instruction: Please do not contact the Department Chair directly without submitting an on line application. The hiring committee will review all applications and will contact candidates that meet the requirements of the position.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 50 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 21st century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.