Faculty Development Administrative Assistant
Faculty Development Administrative Assistant Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202009176162 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $43,138 - $61,158 Position Information The Faculty Development Administrative Assistant supports the SOM's Office of Faculty Development in their mission to foster a culture that promoted excellence in teaching, fosters collaboration and supports faculty in their efforts to explore innovative, evidence-informed teaching methods that generate student success. Provides general administrative support for the SOM Office of Faculty Development programs, which includes answering phone calls, responding to inquiries, preparing correspondence, coordinating special events, maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel. Minimum Requirements 1. Minimum of 2 years demonstrated related experience in an office environment providing administrative support, including managing complex appointment and travel calendars with frequent changes for multiple individuals.
2. Exceptional organizational, time management and general office management skills, Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines working with frequent interruptions. Ability to work on multiple assignments and manage time effectively to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced office.
3. Ability to work within a team and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships. Ability to interact effectively as an individual and a team member with department staff, faculty, students and outside community members.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
5. Prior experience processing routing accounting/financial transactions and coordinating travel.
6. Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills, Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy with a diverse population.
7. Demonstrated ability to compose business correspondence, edit and use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. Demonstrated skill in creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, presentations and reports using advanced features in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or other similar software.
8. Skill in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
9. Experience interpreting policies and procedures. Preferred Qualifications 1. Bachelor's degree in a related field.
2. Demonstrated administrative experience in a university or higher education environment.
3. Knowledge and understanding of UCR policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of and experience with UCR financial systems.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position