Software Developer 2 (1-Year Fixed Term)
Software Developer 2 (1-Year Fixed Term)
Job Number: 87340
The Department of Biomedical Data Science is seeking a Software Developer 2 (1 year fixed term). This developer position will focus on developing applications that work with academic and research data sets. These applications are mostly web-centric, but also include data manipulation and analysis work.
We mainly use Java on the backend and HTML/CSS/JS on the frontend, but some projects may include use of other technologies. Competence with Java standard libraries and ReactJS development is highly desirable.
Substantial experience with development in some object-oriented programming language and/or some modern web application framework is required, with the expectation that the applicant will work in a Java and ReactJS environment.
Knowledge of bioinformatics or other medical software is encouraged but not required. Bioinformatics tools that interest us include GATK, NCBI API, UCSC tools, alignment tools like BLAST, and VCF manipulation.
- Design, develop, and support software systems for serving the needs of PharmGKB, CPIC, and other projects supported by the group.
- Work with scientific curators, collaborators, and general-public users to research and develop software tools that serve the needs of all the people we work with
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into our system.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Mentor lower level software developers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4822
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 87340
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency