Instructional Designer III
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-22
Instructional Designer III
Texas A&M University - San Antonio
College Of Arts And Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
San Antonio, Texas
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
The Instructional Designer, under direction, converts course content into online format for use with online and blended courses. Develops and schedules faculty training and support during the teaching phase of online, blended, and enhanced courses. Implements proven instructional design methods, models, and assessment strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the course design and development professional, working closely with the faculty teaching courses identified for development in the project to develop the electronic courseware for multiple courses, for deployment on Blackboard.
- Implements course design and development projects for 18-22 courses.
- Provides training and support to faculty as needed for course development.
- Develops training material and guides for facilitator and participant to compliment trainings and reinforce faculty skill development.
- Manages the internal course design review process.
- Embeds the developed electronic courseware into Blackboard.
- Consults with supervisors and faculty, and the design and development of online courses.
- Offers training sessions for faculty in course design and instructional technologies as necessary.
- Ensures course compliance with universal accessibility standards.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Four years of related experience In technologically-oriented training, support, and consultation, including two years of online teaching experience and course design/development and related supervisory experience at the college level.
- Five years of related experience In technologically-oriented training, support, and consultation, including two years of online teaching experience and course design/development and related supervisory experience at the college level
- Knowledge of instructional design, rnultimedia, and online course design principles and practices.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others
This position not supervise employees.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:1) Online Application2) Cover letter to include two references3) Resume
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.