Career Advisor (50% Perkins Grant)
Title: Career Advisor (50% Perkins Grant)
Job no: 492549
Location: York Campus
Salary: $41,365- $51,706
For full consideration, applicants are required to submit a cover letter, transcript and resume with application. This position will primarily report to the York and Harrisburg campuses.
Job Summary: The Career Advisor is accountable to the Assistant Director, Career Education for providing career advising, informing students of available college services, and referring students to appropriate college/community resources.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience.*
Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws
Hiring Range: $41,365- $51,706
Experience in higher education, particularly at the community college level
Experience with career development
Understanding of labor market data, and the use of career tools/resources
Strong communication and presentation skills
Job Specific Task List:
1. Provide career advising for students and alumni in CTE programs, with emphasis on dislocated workers to include TRADE ACT and WIOA students in CTE programs within the corresponding schools, college-wide and those who specifically are pursuing a career in non-traditional gender roles.
2. Assist students with their career research, interviewing and soft skills development, resume writing and provide career coaching to students on how to effectively market themselves and network with employers, as well as, on the use of career tools/resources.
3. Develop and facilitate on-line career student-based activities and services for students in CTE programs and assist students in utilizing and completing online career assessments/tools and review results.
4. Facilitate career workshops and presentations for student groups in CTE programs and academic classes related to these programs.
5. Develop and foster professional relationships with community organizations, CareerLink partners, and HACC faculty and staff to enhance services for students.
6. Participate in other College and community service activities, as assigned; travel to other campuses may occasionally be required. - (Essential)
7. Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Sep 22, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 04, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time