Federal Work Study/Student Support Services
Job Title: Federal Work Study/Student Support Services
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 220932
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.Job Summary The primary function of the part-time temporary work-study students is assist on campus departments with clerical and customer service duties. This position reports to the hiring manager
of the specific hiring department. The candidate will also be expected to occasionally assist with office related functions. When assigned in the office, the employee reports to the Office Manager.Responsibilities
- File maintenance
- Monitoring computer lab
- Making copies
- Assisting SSS students with program supplies (computer, printer, copier
- Peer tutor Assisting counselors with special projects if needed
- Student must be currently enrolled
- Student must have federal work-study awarded for the year.
- Student must be able to handle confidential information.
- A strong customer service orientation is essential, as is the ability to prioritize effectively. Strong written and verbal skills, advanced computer skills are a plus as well as the use of a fax, printer and copy machine.
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036