Red Hat-AIX Systems Engineer Intermediate
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-30
UVA Medical Center is seeking an Intermediate Red Hat/AIX Engineer to join our Health Information Technology (HIT) division. The Red Hat/AIX Engineer provides hardware/software support of computing systems in the following areas: application development/maintenance operating systems computer operations telecommunications, field engineering, or systems control. The Engineer will also install, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain basic routine utility system programs.
- Performs duties of considerable complexity in support of computing systems
- Demonstrates overall responsibility for hardware/software installation and maintenance system performance and problem resolution
- Analyzes future needs and makes recommendations
- Provides high level expertise and technical direction for systems hardware/software support services
- Supports both internal and external customers.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
- Experience installing/upgrading RedHat and AIX operating systems.
- Experience with the disk/LVM creation and modification.
- Experience with configuration and modification of TCP and firewalld/iptables.
- Experience with monthly security patching and remediation.
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat/MYSQL/Mariadb installation and configuration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
- 3 years of experience required with RedHat 6/7/8 operation systems.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.Position Compensation Range: $28.25 - $45.19 Hourly
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.