Post-Doc Research Associate
Post-Doc Research AssociateVacancy ID:
Psychiatry - Research - 412250Position Type:
Postdoctoral ScholarSalary Range:
$47,476 - $55,596Full-time/Part-time:
1.0Estimated Duration of Appointment:
12 MonthsPosting Open Date:
09/21/2020Open Until Filled:
Chapel Hill, NCPosition Summary:
The NIRAL Lab in the Department of Psychiatry, and Neuroscience Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill seeks a talented, highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a background in machine learning and/or biomedical image processing. The NIRAL Lab is developing software to support AI-driven techniques to rapidly diagnose, track, and treat neurodisorders. Responsibilities will include: – Developing deep-learning approaches for insight and analysis about mouse behavior from video
- Machine Learning: use your expertise in statistics and machine learning to analyze high dimensional medical imaging data
- Make it easy to get high quality, automated, results without expert intervention. Build scalable products and reusable libraries in Python, Scala, and/or C++, taking advantage of Spark, Hadoop, and other tool stacks as appropriate.
- Developing computational and algorithmic approaches to understand the neurobiological mechanism of neurodisorders
- Interact cross-functionally: work with people across the team to find creative solutions and deliver them
- Skilled at data visualization and presentation The candidate will be called upon to present work at national and international research conferences.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Biomedical Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline.
– Experience with Computer Vision and Deep Learning architectures (CNNs, RNNs, etc).
– Strong foundation in machine learning and data science.
- Programming skills with proficiency in Python, Java, and/or R.
Experience with neuroimaging/neuroscience studies.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and/or Keras.
- Experience with biomedical image processing
- Ability to present/visualize outputs to multidisciplinary audience.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions:
For information on UNC Postdoctoral Benefits and Services click here