Software Conferencing Support Coordinator
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-22
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of Information Technology at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Software Conferencing Support Coordinator, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain knowledge of current software conferencing tools supported by OIT such as Zoom, Webex and Microsoft Teams on a technical level.
- Assist with systems administration for FAU Zoom, Webex, Mediasite software platforms as directed by the Manager of Videoconferencing Services.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Video Services team.
- Provide customer support to FAU Faculty, Staff and Students on all of these software videoconferencing tools, this will include answering Team Dynamix support tickets on these products and interacting with other members of OIT.
- Provide event/conference moderation to FAU community.
- Maintain knowledge of Canvas LMS and assist faculty with integration of software conferencing tools into Canvas.
- In peak times, such as the start of a semester, work collaboratively with the Canvas LMS Support team as well, and support FAU faculty as needed.
- Maintain troubleshooting documentation for software conferencing.
Technical knowledge of software conferencing platforms required.
Must employ a collaborative approach to working with others.
Must possess an energetic, positive and outgoing customer service oriented attitude.Salary:$47,000 - $50,000College or Department:Office of Information TechnologyLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Evenings and/or weekend as required during peak times.Application Deadline: 2020-10-06-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.