Posting DetailsJob TitleDatabase AnalystRequisition NumberRE24622Working TitleData AnalystDepartment Name7K725:INSTITUTE FOR PHARMACEUTICAL OUTCOMES AND POLICYWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level46Salary Range$49,254-81,266/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
4 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
Sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pmJob Summary
The Database Analyst position is located in Lexington, Kentucky, and will work with contracts associated with University of Kentucky researchers. The project’s goal seeks to provide consultation and data query services to researchers utilizing UKHC clinical data.
This position designs, tests, implements, and maintains data collection and reporting systems to support research activities using complex database statistical methods. The Database Analyst will develop utilities and complex SQL queries for data extraction and reporting as well as perform data conversions from several data sources. This position will write code and stored procedures to include, but not limited to, interfacing data from multiple data sources and build reports containing a wide range of specifications, from novel concepts to rigid formats.
The Database Analyst will work with both internal and external stakeholders and must be able to provide support to clients with varying levels of technical expertise.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Development and management skills in BI/BA tools, Informatica, Tableau, T-SQL and PL/SQL. Strong communication skills (verbal and written); knowledge and experience in a health care environment.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Preferred experience in working with various data types including healthcare data.
Basic statistical skills preferred.
Driver’s license preferred.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you hold working on projects that involved integrating and analyzing healthcare data?
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please indicate how many years of paid work experience you have with Tableau or other business intelligence software.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience in database administration, database management, and or SQL design.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * Please describe your experience working with data collection systems or database management.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter