Psychology Faculty, Part-TimeRequisition Number:
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
Psychology, Education and Human Services is a department within the Liberal Studies Division. This department includes three Associates degree granting programs in Psychology, Education and Behavioral Health and Human Services.
The Psychology Department invites applications for a part-time position. For the 2020-2021 academic year, we have specific need for adjuncts who can teach Introduction to Psychology and Developmental Psychology.Specific Responsibilities:
• Teach up to two online Psychology courses.
• Manage assigned course(s) using the Canvas learning management system, as well as communicate with and provide feedback to students in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications:
• Earned a master’s degree or higher in Psychology or a relevant subfield of Psychology
• Experience teaching Psychology courses (online or in-person).
• Experience teaching courses onlinePreferred Qualifications:
• Experience using the Canvas learning management system.
• Experience collecting data for and reporting on assessment of course-level outcomes.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Position Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :