PROJECT MANAGER, School of Medicine, Neurology
PROJECT MANAGER, School of Medicine, NeurologyTracking Code1460 Job Description
Health Science Specialist, Project Manager Position General Description We have an opening for a health science specialist, project manager, providing research support to principal investigator Dr. Maureen OConnor and team. The position is located at both the Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center (ENRM-VA) and Boston University School of Medicine Alzheimers Disease Center (BU-ADC). The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated primarily with oversight of a project investigating relationship factors in couples facing Alzheimers disease and how those factors impact the outcomes of the disease for both the caregiver and the person with dementia. The incumbent will assist with monitoring compliance with research regulations and related documentation, data collection and management, manuscript preparation and presentations, and helping with other research duties. A key aspect of the incumbents role will be assisting with outreach and recruit of research participants.
-Research duties include: literature searches, graph and chart preparation, IRB application monitoring, report preparation, manuscript preparation.
-Responsible for learning and demonstrating skills required for data management and analyses, with preferred experience with SPSS or other data analytic methods.
-Responsible for outreach and recruitment of participants, with local travel, recruitment efforts will include the formation of relationships with partner organization, community presentations, and formation of other community partnerships.
-Carrying out procedures for enrolling research subjects following IRB procedures and informed consent.
-Preparing and disseminating research materials such as consent forms, assessment instruments, and other data collection forms, administering instruments, conducting follow-up evaluations, and training and supervising any additional research staff.
-Assist in data processing, management, analysis, and interpretation, including setting up and maintaining data files, entering data into databases, checking and cleaning data, collaborating in the formulation and implementation of data analysis procedures.
-Assist with the writing of grant proposals and manuscripts, including proofreading and editing grant applications and manuscripts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with research subjects, families, community agencies, clinical staff, and research team members.
- Willingness and ability (transportation) to travel between sites and for data collection.
- Initiative and resourcefulness in the development of recruitment methodologies.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities in order to apply changes to project management.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently at a high level of competence and efficiency.
- Ability to keep track of and manage multiple responsibilities and switch fluidly between roles.
- Clear organizational and project and time management skills to prepare and complete actions plans, implement production, productivity, quality, standards, and resolve problems.
- Fluent ability to use current versions of standard computer software, including in MS Office, to produce reports, manuscripts, presentations, and facilitate meetings; interest and ability to learn other programs as needed.
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Preferred background of knowledge, skills, and techniques gained from academic and/or professional training in a health science or allied field.
- Experience in outreach and networking that can be applied to a research setting is desired (for example, experience in sales or marketing)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular