Academic Services Program Director
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology
Academic Services Program Director (Working Title: Education Program Director)
Position # 00770191 – Requisition #19247
- Support and uphold the educational mission of the Department including maintaining expertise in the Anesthesiologist Assistant (AA) program, residency programs, fellowships, and medical student program and their accrediting agencies
- Lead the development and implementation of new training programs and the implementation of new technology, including the preparation of business plans, with the support of Education and Administrative leadership
- In conjunction with Education faculty, analyze the effectiveness of curriculum currently in place using evidence-based quantitative methods and identify opportunities for curriculum improvement; implement strategic plans to improve curriculum
- Establish and standardize coordinated systems for the Anesthesiologist Assistant program, residency program, fellowship, and medical student operations across the Department
- Oversee and manage the smooth flow of planning, preparation, and execution of activities related to maintaining program accreditation efforts, institutional and departmental compliance, recruitment, and student and staff wellness
- Implement educational database files within the Department including program statistics and documentation of Anesthesiology Assistant, residency, fellowship, medical student, and CME programs; oversee the utilization of the database once in place
- Capture required content from faculty and staff to construct the educational sections of the Department program review or other reviews as requested by the School of Medicine. Will be called upon to write other reports as needed.
- Oversee content and design on education pages on both the Department internet and intranet sites and work with the Communication Coordinator to implement changes and updates accordingly
- Serve as a resource to the Vice Chair of Education and Program Directors and provide ongoing guidance to Program Coordinators.
- Oversee strategic planning, coordination of efforts, and educational program operations
- Develop and manage execution of operational goals, objectives, practices, and procedures for educational activities including the development and implementation of policies and the design and implementation of programs, initiatives, courses, seminars, Grand Rounds, CME activities, etc.
- Establish, implement, and oversee recruitment strategies, resources, policies, and procedures, working closely with the DFA and Vice Chair of Education to ensure alignment with the Department’s overall strategic plan and mission
- Administer pertinent State Fiscal Policies, CU Medicine, State and University rules and procedures, and applicable State and Federal laws and standards applicable to Education, lab safety, HIPAA, or patient confidentiality in education, as well as business management (personnel, accounting, auditing, etc.)
- Develop, as needed, and oversee the structure for each educational mission and program in the Department of Anesthesiology to include number of students, scheduling system, tracking database, defining learning objectives, etc.
- Establish, define, and manage the structure and principal of the Department’s educational financials
- Create business plans and budgets for Education programs including AA, Fellowship, Residency, MOCA, CME events, and Wellness, working with the DFA to ensure alignment with Department’s overall financial strategic plan
- Oversee and approve Education funding sources and manage overall budget for department-funded students including Residents, Fellows, AAs, etc.
- Oversee and manage educational-related gifts
- Confirm and track compliance of educational programs with hospital funding sources for all trainees
- Oversee and manage grant funding acquired for educational programs and events
- Utilize standard University and department systems for accounting, data processing, and other computer systems as necessary for financial management and statistical reporting
- Work closely with the educational coordinators to ensure that the rules and policies of the organization are followed appropriately for educational and departmental events
- Review and approve moonlighting payment information provided by the education coordinators
- Supervise education program staff (currently 8 staff members) including education coordinators, an event coordinator, and an administrative assistant. Manage the lifecycle of the team including hiring, development, performance management to include developmental evaluation and feedback implementation and processes, corrective action, and termination
- Develop staff training programs in collaboration with the DFA and HR Manager
- Assist departmental administration and human resources in coordination of searches for program coordinators and coverage for coordinators as needed
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, communications, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility leading (or making significant contributions towards) an organization or business unit in operational and strategic capacity, to include developing budgets and direct staff supervision.
- Master’s degree in education, business, public administration, health care, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- Experience working in academic medicine
- Experience coordinating academic medical educational program(s)
- Project management experience for educational initiatives
- Experience designing an leading programs within higher education
- Experience building and leading high performing teams
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to use quantitative information for strategic planning and quality improvement
- Knowledge of university-based system such as InfoEd, Concur, HCM, Marketplace, CU Data, Canvas, etc.
- Ability to establish work propitiates and provide follow-through to ensure completion of activities in accordance with deadlines
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 21, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing