The OLC is seeking an Instructional Designer who will play a key role in the design, development, and implementation of online and blended learning experiences for the OLC Institute for Professional Development. Reporting to the Director of the OLC Institute, as well as working cross-functionally with others members of the OLC Staff (i.e. consulting, grants, conferences), this role will be responsible for collaborating with external subject matter experts and OLC team members to manage complex program and course development cycles. With a flawless attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the Instructional Designer is an equity-minded team player, creative thinker, and a natural problem solver who maintains professionalism in the face of pressure.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and the instructional design team to design, develop, and implement inclusive learning experiences with a lens on quality indicators for online course design and instructional practice.
- Conduct needs assessments to design effective course curricula that are in alignment with clients’ needs and learning objectives, making recommendations for areas of opportunity and perceived performance gaps.
- Use innovative and timely solutions to improve learning content, delivery approaches and instructional effectiveness.
- Assist in the identification and curation of digital learning content for OLC’s professional development programming.
- Assess effectiveness of existing programming, providing feedback and recommendations for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the discovery, administration, and delivery of educational technologies (Web 2.0 tools, app-based software, and cloud-based services).
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting short, frequently changing deadlines.
- Develop and conduct professional development workshops on topics related to digital pedagogy and emerging trends in online and digital learning.
- Lead and support special projects as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Instructional/Learning Design, Curriculum Design, Instructional Technology, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in instructional design for online education.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Canvas, etc.)
- Experience with web-based tools and online conferencing software (e.g. Zoom, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability in designing inclusive learning experiences and evaluating and assessing materials for conformance with digital accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1 AA, Universal Design for Learning, etc.)
- Knowledge of pedagogical issues related to online teaching and learning as well as current and emerging technologies from an instructional design perspective.
- Prior work experience in higher education that includes developing and launching new online or blended initiatives in higher education.
- Knowledge of digital pedagogy, instructional design, and adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to execute a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite/Google Drive Tools.
- Experience with course authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, etc. Knowledge of basic HTML, basic image editing software, such as Photoshop.
- Knowledge and experience with OLC Institute programs & the OLC Quality Scorecard Suite
- Prior online teaching experience
Timeline and Application Information:
Application Closing Date: October 6, 2020
Start Date: December 2020
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- CV or Resume
- Digital Portfolio
- Diversity Statement
- Please include a brief statement (no more than 500 words) addressing your past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion through professional activities (i.e. service, leadership, teaching, research).