Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Director/COM
Posting DetailsJob TitleDiversity, Equity, and Inclusion Director/COMRequisition NumberRE24612Working TitleDepartment Name7H0DI: COM Diversity & InclusionWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level47Salary Range$54,142-89,315/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
6 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting and/or standing at workstation for extended periods; lifting and/or carrying light-weight objects.Shift
Monday-Friday; evenings and weekends based on workload and departmental needsJob Summary
The College of Medicine at the University of Kentucky is seeking a Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This position will provide vision and leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of College of Medicine Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts. A primary part of this role is to identify ways to advance diversity as a critical component of life across the College of Medicine and to develop, implement, and assess programs and services that promote understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion on the college’s four campuses (Lexington, Morehead, Bowling Green and Northern Kentucky).
This position reports directly to the Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion and will serve as a strategic partner in advancing an inclusive experience for faculty, staff, and learners and, as appointed, serve on University committees to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are represented.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
•Employs sound project management practices, methodologies, and principles to accomplish work.
•Ability to attain goals through knowledge of regulation and accreditation requirements, as well as incorporate best practices into initiatives.
•Proven ability to organize information; assess, utilize and navigate online platforms; and conduct detailed data analysis and develop reports based on data
•Ability to serve as an advocate and resource for persons of color, all ethnicities, all genders, all ages, LGBTQ*, all faith backgrounds, first generation learners, and differently-abled persons
•Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
•Team orientation and inclusive philosophy
•Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations and matters with diplomacy and superior judgement.
•Ability to build relationships and balance the multiple, varying and conflicting interests of stakeholders.
•Ability to complete high-level analysis of data.
•Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while handling a demanding workload.
•Strong leadership, administrative, planning and presentation skills, including oral and written communications
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The first goal of the College of Medicine is to promote a culture where diversity, equity, and inclusion are respected and valued. How would you know we successfully accomplished this goal?
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter